Get out your winter warmers, winter is well and truly here! This is great news for our gut as the foods associated with being warm and wholesome are great sources of fibre. For example winter soups and stews contain lots of potatoes and vegetables. Why not try this delicious cheap and cheerful Irish stew to help keep you warm on a winter’s night. It’s packed full of goodness and is extremely easy to make.
- 1 onion
- Two carrots
- 5 large potatoes
- 25g stewing beef
- 2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Peel and chop onion, potatoes and carrots.
- Sautee onions until soft and add stewing meat and cook until brown.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients (carrots and potatoes) and fill saucepan up with water.
- Once the stew reaches the boil, turn temperature down and leave to simmer until potatoes are soft and most of the water has been absorbed.
- Serve immediately or cool and place in fridge or freeze for a later date.