Version 24th MAY 2018
Love Your Gut is an initiative of Yakult UK Ltd.
Yakult UK Ltd. is sensitive to privacy issues surrounding use of customer information. Protection of privacy is extremely important to us. The instances in which Yakult does collect and use information are specifically described in this Privacy Statement and for which we took into account the principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy statement describes how your personal data is processed by Yakult in connection with the services (“Services”) we provide to you. These Services include:
- All our Yakult websites, and any other website operated by us;
- Any (mobile) sites, applications, widgets, and other (mobile) interactive features; and
- Other services that we may offer in connections with the two points mentioned above, such as rewards programs, through our official social media pages as well as through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you.
This statement also describes the rights you have in respect of your personal data being collected and processed by Yakult. If you have any questions regarding this statement, you can contact us at the contact details included in this statement. Please read this statement carefully before you start using our Services.
The controllers of the processing of your personal data (meaning the parties that are responsible) are: Yakult UK Ltd. Registered Address at Anteros, Odyssey Business Park, West End Road, South Ruislip, HA4 6QQ
Which personal data do we collect from you?
Depending on the Service, we may ask you to provide us with the following personal data:
|Name, address||Telephone number||Email address|
|Date of birth||Consumption habits||Gender|
|Lifestyle routine (e.g. breakfast habits)||Postal code||Family composition|
We will derive the following personal data from your use of our Services (with your consent where required):
|IP address||Personal characteristics, such as hobbies and interests, location||Online behavior when you use our Services, e.g. whether or not you click on content or on items on Yakult emails / newsletter||Social media account ID (such as your Facebook username).|
|Type of your mobile device (computer, laptop, mobile)|
How do we collect your personal data?
- We collect personal data because you provide this data to us, for instance when you sign up for more information, news and events from Yakult or make a purchase. Certain information will be always required when you sign up, for instance the details we need to contact you, like your email address and name (and country) or the information we need to verify that you are eligible to enter a contest. These mandatory fields are the minimal data we need from you to provide you with the requested Service. Other personal data we will ask you to provide voluntarily to use like gender or hobbies and activities that you like. Such personal data will usually be added to your profile.
- When you interact on Facebook or other social media accounts, we will view your social account data that is visible to us.
- We may also collect personal data from you offline, for instance when you call our contact customer service.
- From third parties we may receive the following personal data: We may receive your Personal Information from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms.
Why and how we use your personal data
Below we describe why and how we usually process your personal data. Where we have other purposes of use of your personal data, we will inform you thereof separately.
- We use your personal data to provide you with our customer care services, like responding to your enquiries and complaints and fulfilling your requests, such as to respond to your questions and comments. In this way, we can learn from your complaints and help you as much as we can. We protect your rights by the limiting the data we collect from you for this purpose and by limiting the retention period of this personal data.
- We use your contact details to send administrative information to you, such as changes to this privacy statement.
- We use your personal data to allow you to take part in our promotions, contests and reward programs, to administer these programs and to process rewards or prizes. In this way, we can keep you as our customer engaged in Yakult and its activities. We protect your rights by informing you of this use of your personal data and letting you opt-out whenever you wish. If you did not consent for future Yakult information, news and events, we will ask your consent before we engage you in any further communication.
- We use your personal data to complete and fulfill your reservation for our factory visits or any other Yakult events, for example, to process your payments, to communicate with you regarding your reservation and provide you with related customer service.
- With your consent, we use your personal data to keep you engaged in and informed of Yakult’s products and Services (direct marketing), provide you with tailored news, information updates and announcements via our marketing communication that might be of interest to you send you promotions and inviting you to participate in our special programs or local events. As permitted by applicable law, will contact you by email, telephone, SMS, post or social media. We protect your rights by informing you of our activities in this scope and by letting you opt-out every time we communicate with you.
- If you interact via social media, we will retrieve your social media profile data that is visible to us, and aggregate this data to give us insight in our consumers
- We use your personal data for our business purposes, such as market research, enhancing our Services, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring our website experience and content based on your past activities on the websites. Where we can, we will use aggregate/anonymous data for these business purposes.
Information on profiling
In addition to the purposes of use as described in this paragraph we also use your personal data to build your profile. Where such information is available to us, your profile will consist of your gender, age, open rate and click trough rate, topics clicked on, participation of an activity, type of activities that is participated and other information that is provided by you to us via marketing communication or consumer research. We use this profile to inform you better our Yakult products and services, for instance by adjusting the website you view or the newsletter you receive to your interests. If you do not wish us to build and use your profile, please contact us via. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cases where we give other parties access to your personal data
We may give other parties access to your personal data:
- Our third-party service providers, such as our customer relationship management service provider, data processors, our market research service provider and other information technology service providers (e.g. our e-mailing service).
- Third parties with whom we cooperate for our events, contests or other activities.
These transfers may include the transfer of personal data to other countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have a level of personal data protection similar to the EU. Yakult will ensure that these transfers are based on appropriate safeguards, including the use of EU Model Clauses, to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection. A copy of these safeguards can be requested via the contact details under ‘Your rights’.
We will not share your data with third parties unless there is a specific legitimate business reason for Yakult to instruct such third party to fulfil Yakult’s activities by using your data.
- We will keep personal data we obtain in relation to your questions, complaints and inquiries, during 3 months after we fully addressed your question, complaint or enquiry, to see if we helped you sufficiently or if you require more information or assistance. In deviation hereof, we will keep your name and e-mail address for 1 year after a complaint to address fake or malicious complaints. After these periods, we will delete your personal data as provided to us via the contact form, unless we are required by law to keep the personal data longer ([e.g. in case on complaints on food regulations]).
- Unless you have consented to future news, events and information, we will keep personal data we obtained in relation to promotions, contests and reward programs, for the period of that activity and for 3 months thereafter to be able to address any questions or outstanding matters. After that we will delete your personal data related to that activity, except for any financial data on reimbursements, which we will store as long as required by applicable tax legislation.
- Unless you have consented to future news, events and information We will keep personal data we obtained in relation to online purchases for a period of 3 months since your last purchase, unless tax regulation requires us to keep the personal data longer. In those cases, we will keep the relevant personal data as long as required by applicable tax legislation.
- We will keep your profile for 24 months since your last activity with us, as we believe your activity with us shows that you are still interested in receiving communications from us that are adjusted to your interests. We measure your last activity by: assessing whether or not you opened our newsletters or other digital communication, what links you click on and whether or not you enroll in our promotion, or contests.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data as processed by Yakult. This means that Yakult will provide you with information such as the categories of personal data that are processed, the purposes of processing, retention periods and categories of third party recipients.
- You also have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased as appropriate, the right to restrict the processing and the right to object to the processing (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data by Yakult based on consent before the withdrawal.
- At your request, a copy of your personal data provided by you to Yakult will be provided to you in a common machine-readable format (data portability).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us via email@example.com. Upon your request, we may ask for additional information from you to verify your identity, such as a photo ID or a utility bill (and make sure we do not violate any other person’s privacy) and to handle your request efficiently. All identity check documents will thereafter be disposed of securely.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this privacy statement
The website and services from Yakult may change from time to time. For this reason, Yakult may need to change or add information to this statement. We will make sure that we make it prominently clear on our website when we have changed our privacy statement. In case of substantial changes, we will inform you of our new privacy statement via the contact details we have from you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
This website is operated by Yakult UK Ltd. The information provided through this website is intended only for residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. No other person should rely or act upon any information contained in this website and information available is not relevant to any other countries or territories.
Version 24th MAY 2018
- assess the use of our website by each unique website visitor (statistical cookies),
- to remember your preferences and settings (functional cookies),
- to provide you with social media functionality [and
- to provide you with relevant content (including our own advertisements)].
What are these cookies and other technologies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device via our website. The next time you visit our website, web beacons will allow us to recognize the cookie and your device. These web beacons will also read how you use our website. Pixel tags allow us to place relevant content for you on our website.
What is the function of these cookies and other technologies?
|Name||Purpose||Storage duration||Third party|
|PHPSESSID||Records user session information||User session||N/A|
|Name||Purpose||Storage duration||Third party|
|_ga, _gat, _gid||Analytics cookie that tracks and reports on the manner in which the Yakult website is used to help us to improve the website||N/A||Google, Inc. Privacy statement|
How can you remove cookies?
If you want to prevent cookies and other technologies to be placed on your device or used when you visit our website, you can change your browser’s settings or options on your device. Please click on the links below to read your browser’s user guidance on changing settings or options.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.