Its finally here, it’s Christmas Eve. Now it’s time for you to sit back and enjoy all the hard work and preparation you have been doing over the last few weeks.
Why not prep this delicious Christmas inspired casserole the day before Christmas Eve so that you really can put your feet up and relax right from the start of the Christmas Period.
- 3/4 lb stewing beef diced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 cloves cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 beef stock cubes
- 3 onions roughly diced
- 28 ozs diced tomatoes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 6 ozs spinach
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 bell peppers
- 4 large potatoes
- Wash, peel, slice and dice all the vegetables.
- Dice the stewing meet.
- Boil the kettle and add 1 litre of water to the three stock cubes.
- Pour some olive oil in the casserole dish.
- Place the onion, garlic and stewing meat in the casserole dish and seal the meat.
- Add the vegetables and stir.
- Add the red wine, beef stock, thyme, cinnamon, salt, pepper and cloves and stir.
- Allow to boil before placing in the oven for 3 hours minimum.
- You may need to add some water if the sauce has reduced too much.
- Ensure you stir occasionally.
- Serve with baked potato and source cream (you can place potatoes in the oven whilst the casserole is cooking) or rice.
Happy Christmas everyone!