So much to do and only two weeks to go until Father Christmas will be popping in for a visit. Love Your Gut knows how tempting it can be to buy shop bought treats instead of homemade treats as there just aren’t enough hours in a day so…… we decided to try and make your life a little bit easier and give you our top tips on how you can ensure your digestive system has a great Christmas period too.
- If you are feeling bloated try some chamomile or peppermint tea after food. This will help to eliminate intestinal gas and aid digestion.
- Ensure you chew that delicious Christmas dinner rather than gulping it down. This will ensure digestion kicks off to a good start.
- If making Christmas treats always use wholemeal flour to increase your fibre intake.
- Where possible use the low fat option i.e. margarine instead of butter crème fraiche instead of cream, semi skimmed or skimmed milk instead of full cream milk.
- After dinner go for a brisk walk to burn off some of those extra calories we all know we will have consumed.
- If using tinned fruit for your trifle make sure it is in fruit juice not syrup.