Feeling bloated and guilty due to eating too many Easter Eggs? By following the below advice we will help kick start your digestive health, help you get into better shape and be ready for summer.
- Don’t peel your vegetables. This will help increase the fibre content (however please ensure that they are washed properly).
- Have fibrous cereal e.g. shredded wheat, Branflakes and Shreddies. Fibre adds bulk and helps keep.
- Aim to do 30 minutes of exercise per day i.e. walking the dog, getting off a stop early, going for a walk at lunch etc.
- Always choose the ‘brown/wholemeal’ option. For example brown/whole grain rice, pasta and bread.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water. It encourages the passage of waste through your digestive system and helps soften stools.
- Cut down on fatty foods a good method is to grill instead of fry, that way you can still have your chips but the healthier way.
- Go easy on spicy food. Many people love spicy food and it doesn’t bother their digestive system however others find it upsets their stomach. It’s not just scorching hot foods like chillies that trigger heartburn. Milder foods such as garlic and onion can also bring it on.
- Limit your intake of caffeinated and or fizzy drinks as these can sometimes boost the acid in your stomach as well as caffeine acting as a diuretic.