Do you find that you don’t really know what to add to cous cous? Why not try this quick and easy, delicious gut loving recipe. The dish is ideal for an afternoon snack for the children coming home from school or as part of a pack lunch/dinner. It packed with vitamins, minerals and fibre, all of which help us keep a healthy cut.
- 1 courgette sliced lengthways
- ½ red and ½ yellow pepper, cut into strips
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 50 grams butter beans
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- 50g raisins/sultana’s
- 200g/7oz wholemeal couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- small handful fresh mixed herbs such as parsley, mint, basil and coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp black olives, stones removed
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle the courgette and red pepper slices with olive oil (do not overload).
- Place in the oven and roast until softened.
- Chop the courgette and red pepper into slices
- Place the couscous into a large bowl. Add the courgette and pepper pieces and all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- To serve, place into a serving dish.