Salmon with bacon and mushrooms
Preparation time: 10 Minutes Cooking time: 25 Minutes Serves: 4
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 150g salmon (or trout) fillets
- 1 x 250g pack smoked bacon lardons
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 x 150g pack baby button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- A pinch of sugar
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Season the salmon and fry for 3 minutes skin-side up. Transfer to a plate.
- Fry the lardons for 4-5 minutes. Add the red onion, fry for 2 minutes, and then add the mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes more and stir in the lemon zest.
- Put the salmon on top of the onion mixture in the pan (or use an ovenproof dish) and grill on high for 2-3 minutes. Mix the vinegar, the rest of the oil and the rosemary with a pinch of sugar and season.
- Spoon over the salmon and serve with celeriac mash or crispy roast potatoes.
With all the chocolate treats over the Easter break, why not make it healthier by enjoying a bowl of fruit salad? Use the vibrant coloured fruits that are now in season; strawberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple, peaches, cantaloupe melon and watermelon – all very refreshing!
Happy Easter everybody!
Image courtesty of Simon Howden via freedigitalphotos.net