Having your friends round for afternoon tea doesn’t need to be unhealthy. Why not try these delicious low sugar scones to impress the ladies. Furthermore if you want to increase the fibre content, why not use wholemeal self-raising flour instead.
Orange, Carrot and Sultana Scones
300g Self Raising flour
2 handfuls of sultanas
- Weigh out the flour and the margarine and place in a large bowl.
- Rub the margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Grate the orange rind onto a chopping board. Add to the breadcrumb mixture. Squeeze the juice of the orange into the bowl.
- Top and tail the carrots. Peel and grate onto a chopping board. Add to the mixture.
- Measure out the milk, and add gradually to the mixture. Mix together until it starts to bind.
- Knead on a floured work surface until the dough is not sticky.
- Roll out on the work surface evenly. Using a cutter, cut out the scones from the outside in.
- Place on a baking tray and wash with milk.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked