Wholesome winter soups and stews are the perfect meals to keep you warm and more importantly maintaining your digestive health. Quickly and easy to prepare and adaptable recipes to suit everyone’s need, soups and stews are an excellent way of ensuring you and your family have a healthy balanced meal packed full of vitamins, minerals protein and not forgetting our starchy carbohydrates.
Why not try this delicious Moroccan twist casserole that will ensure you are packed full of scrumptious gut loving ingredients.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Two carrots sliced
- 4 medium sized potatoes diced
- 1 tine of cannelloni beans
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 packet of cherry tomatoes diced (optional)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 2 celery stocks
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Tsp. tomato puree
- Fry chicken onion and garlic in fry pan until meat is sealed then place into casserole dish
- Place all vegetables and potatoes in frying pan and sauté.
- Add herbs, spice, tinned tomatoes and chicken stock to frying pan
- Allow to bubble before adding tomato puree and stir
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then pour over chicken.
- Place casserole in over at 180 degrees C and cook for 1 hour minimum or until vegetables are soft and sauce has reduced.
- Serve with baked potato, rice or couscous.